7 Great quotes about libraries on photos of beautiful libraries
With libraries around the world in danger of extinction, Flavorwire posted a series of great quotes about libraries from famous writers. I decided to pair them with some of the world’s most beautiful libraries. You’re welcome;
- Trinity College Library - University of Dublin
- University Club Library – New York City
- Admont Abbey Library – Austria
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura – Rio de Janeiro
- Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington – Seattle
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Canadian Library of Parliament – Ottawa
Click on the photo to see it full size. Support your local library, kids.
This is a wonderful set. I wish United States-based public library administrators and zeitgeist-setters would pay special attention to the Bradbury and Twain quotes. The dumbing-down and de-archiving of public library collections in this country is making it harder for someone to use the library to give themselves an education in anything beyond pop culture, current news, and what it takes to be a good employee (not a good thinker, or a good person, or a good citizen), and is rapidly eroding our collective memory.
the public can’t even go into the canadian library of parliament.